Monday, August 1, 2011

Spaghetti vs Tater Tot Casserole - from old blog

My dilemma started last night when I was trying to decide what to make for dinner. My husband - who is now working nights - has my schedule completely messed up (men, what can you say?) and so I was stuck. I had no clue as to what to make. 


In the end, it was Tater Tot Casserole. (Very easy to make - brown 1 pound ground meat - we use ground turkey - add a family size can of cream of chicken soup - tastes better than the mushroom one - 2 cans of green beans, drained, some onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, pour it into a casserole dish and smother the top with tater tots and bake about half hour at 375 - 400 (depending on how hungry you are lol). Of course, that in itself caused problems - my husband was upset that I didnt make it in time for him to take some to eat at work (he took the leftovers tonite). The boys were upset because I made them leave enough for Ed so he could have some when he got home (he decided on cereal instead as it was morning, which is why he took it for work tonite). I didnt have enough tater tots or cream of chicken soup to make two pans. I'm gonna have to stop making it unless I do make the two pans, so there's enough to go around lol ...

So tonite I decided to make spaghetti. Made my own home made sauce out of a big can of diced tomatoes, a small can of tomato sauce, 2 small cans of mushrooms - drained, half an onion diced, onion powder, garlic powder, a big heaping spoonful of minced garlic, oregano, basil, and some sugar to cut the bitterness of the tomatoes a bit. Browned a pound of ground turkey and added it to the pot. Slow cooked it all day, and man, was it good! Then realized I didn't have enough spaghetti noodles so I also added some macaroni noodles to it LOL ... macghetti I guess you'd call it ...

It was good, but everyone wanted the leftover tater tot casserole. Looks like I am going shopping very very soon LOL

I suppose, if spaghetti (or macghetti lol) had to go up in a boxing match against tater tot casserole (assuming food could do such a thing ... of course, I shudder to think of the back of my fridge ... no telling whats back there) ... tater tot casserole would win hands down, KO right away.
I better go for now ... talk to yall soon

Happy eating! Go and grab some tater tot casserole! YUMMMMM!!!!!

ADDENDUM 2011:  I am no longer married, we divorced in 2006 ... and I edited this post as there were things that were unnecessary now. Anyway, hope you enjoyed, and go make some tater tot casserole! 

~Mystty ~

No comments:

Post a Comment