Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This and That

Well, this is my first post in a LONG, LONG time. Used to have a blog called "Kat's Kitchen" but can't remember how to get to it, it's been so long ... Well, I guess I'm allowed to have a selective memory at my age ... I'll be 40 in just a couple of weeks *gasp* and I'm already a Gramma twice over, and about to be Gramma to a new addition in a few months.

So, about me. What better way to get to know me, than by me telling all about me. Hmmm.

Well, like I said already and at risk of sounding redundant, I'm almost 40 and a Gramma. Of course, I'm a Mom, too; my daughter is grown (and the one that keeps making me a Gramma), and I have 2 boys yet at home, although they would like to be grown and gone, too, I'm sure.

I have the cutest puppy (at least, I think she's cute); her mom was a full-breed Shi-Tzu, and not sure what her dad was. They know her mom bred with a Corgi, but she looks nothing like a Corgi; instead, she looks like a Jack Russel (acts like one, too). Her name is Suki, but I should really have named her Bunny, since she jumps and hops like a bunny.

I love to cook, and everyone else seems to think I'm really good at it. I've even had people telling me that I should have my own cooking show. "Will Cook For Food" just doesn't sound like a good title for a cooking show, though.

I love to read; in fact, I just finished reading all four books of the Twilight series. It keeps you entertained, although I think the vampires having skin as hard as stone and being almost made out of marble is a bit of a stretch. Also, the werewolves - excuse me, the shapeshifters, although you don't find out they are actually only shapeshifters until the end of the fourth book - being regular looking wolves as big as horses is a bit odd, as well. All in all, it's a good read, but I don't think I will see the movie.

I also like to knit and crochet (I taught myself how to do both - I learned to knit when my daughter was preggers with her first kid in 2005, and only taught myself how to crochet this year). I mainly make blankets as I don't think I'm bright enough to make anything more complicated LOL.

I am a Wiccan. For those that do not know what a Wiccan is, simply put, I am a Witch. Not going to get into theology in my first post, so I will simply leave it at that. I'm not looking to "convert" anyone to my way of thinking, and I am not looking to be converted by anyone else, either. Remember the Wiccan Rede: An it harm none, do what ye will.

I guess that's about it for this post.

In Love and Light, Brightest Blessings

~ Shadow Mystt ~

No comments:

Post a Comment